Start Making Money Online For Free That Actually Works
If you are anything like me, you want to make money online but what if you don't have money to start an online business.
When I started, I thought for sure it would take money to make money but I eventually did find a way to earn while I learned without having to dish out any investment.
That's right, I started without having to spend a cent!
You can start affiliate marketing with no money!
I am going to tell you exactly how I started for free, what I did wrong, and show you the right way, so you can get to earning money faster.
It is important to note that I am not going to be describing a get rich quick method here.
Although my beginnings were free it was also slow and a lot of hard work.
If you are ready to work hard at this, the long-term payoffs will be well worth it.
If you don't feel that affiliate marketing is your bag then take a look at some other work from home opportunities here.
How Most Of Us Begin
I spent years researching, trying different so-called secret ways to start a website, where they promise I would only need to put a couple of hours work to start earning big in no time.
Only to find out that once I signed up it would cost thousands of dollars to learn anything about affiliate marketing.
I kept putting the idea of starting an online business on the back burner.
Month after month, year after year I would get frustrated enough at my day job that I would go back to the internet looking for quick answers.
Then I found Wealthy Affiliate!
I know it sounds like a scam type of a name but the explanation of this training platform convinced me enough to try it, and it didn't ask for any credit card so I really had nothing to lose.
Starting My Online Business
I signed up one late Sunday evening, thinking I'll probably be leaving it in a couple of minutes, probably another one of those empty promise training platforms.
Well as you probably guessed, I ended staying up into the early morning hours on that platform.
Before I went to bed that night I had a website published online for FREE!
There was no fluff to their beginner's training. You signed in, click the 'Start Here" button and started your affiliate marketing training.
They provided video, step by step instructions on how to choose and get a domain name, choose a theme for your website, and how to publish it to the world wide web.
It literally only took a few minutes to get my first website online. Then they would proceed with task orientated lessons and again going step by step what you needed to do with your WordPress website to ensure it was safe and set up properly so that search engines like Google and Bing will find you and eventually get you on the first page of their results.
I had my site up, figured out a niche topic and started writing content for my site.
All the while I was supported by the ongoing training and support from all the other members, some that have been there for over 10 years.
Then 7 days went by and I receive notice that my FREE full-service period was over.
Dang! I knew it had to be a scam...all that hard work, training, creating a website, writing blogs, only to have it all taken away.
I eventually cooled down and continued to read the notice.
I can continue on as a FREE member but some of the tools and the live chat would no longer be available to me.
I get to keep the website I created, they would continue to host it for free as long that I remained active on my site or the community. I also had the option to create a second website for free if I wished.
However, they did teach us that the free website will be harder to rank as it was considered a sub-domain. One can still get a sub-domain site to rank on the search engines but it will take longer and much more work.
To be clear, they never lied, they do tell you from the beginning that most of the services would be temporary to allow us to try it out.
They are confident enough to know that once you see how well their tools, services, and support work that there is a strong chance that you will accept to sign on as a paying member.
Oh boy, were they ever right.
Once I earned my first affiliate commission, I was hooked!
The potential was too great to ignore.
This reminds of an analogy I've heard that goes something like this.
"If you knew that you can access 10 million dollars of gold buried 2 feet beneath you, would you worry about the cost of the shovel?"
Once you see that it works, that you can make money online, sent to your account, you will be hooked.
The potential of tapping into the billions of dollars exchanged online every day is something I could not ignore.
I signed up for Wealthy Affiliates Premium membership and that is when the doors opened wide!
Maybe too wide, as now I had so many more options, more ways to do the wrong things.
Where I Went Wrong
Once I signed up to the premium membership I was now able to host 50 websites for that one monthly flat fee. Which means I could potentially host each site for less than $1 each.
Now that I already had a website that made me some money, all I had to do is make more websites to multiply my online income, makes sense, right?
That was my biggest mistake. I thought I could do it all.
The training specifically said to focus on one website only for the first 3 to 6 months before even thinking about expanding.
Instead, I chose to be a hot head and build more websites, check statistics, continued training, (by the way, once I went premium, they also provided me access to about 90% more affiliate training, live and recorded webinars and loads of bonus tips) and build up to 50 websites.
Well, I ended up spreading myself too thin.
I spent months trying to do it all but it ended up making all my sites underperform and increase my frustration.
I could not create the quality and amount of content needed for each website to please the search engine
My rankings started to decrease and my online income disappeared.
It was time to review my plan, step back, and be truthful to myself that I was wrong.
What I Did Right
After reviewing my situation I knew it was time to put all those new sites on the back burner. I didn't delete them as domain names are like real estate, they can appreciate with time.
I then focused solely on my first and main website that did make money for me in the past.
It was time to go through the website step by step.
- Starting with updating the metadata in the "All in One SEO" plugin.
- Ensuring that all the settings were set correctly in the same "All in One SEO".
- Then started going through each page and post, keywords, links (remove excessive affiliate links and ads).
- Verifying that the content is still valid and updating accordingly.
- Check all the media files making sure all the 'ALt Tags" are present and sized appropriately.
- Add additional information to the current posts that will make those initial short response size posts into staple or pillar posts.
Once all that housekeeping was done it was time to add new quality and helpful content.
Adding More Content
Before starting to write new content you need to figure out what you are going to write about.
Using this website as an example here is a quick list of what I do to think of what to blog about next:
- I ask myself, "If I were new to affiliate marketing or starting an online business, what would I be asking or searching online?"
- I go to Google or Bing and start typing in that question to see what type of results come up.
- Checking the results to see what type of competition there is on that subject.
- I also look at the suggested results that Google provides at the bottom of the search page. Sometimes the suggestions are less competitive and unique.
- Then it is time to research keywords using a powerful keyword tool called Jaaxy that is provided to all Wealthy Affiliate Members. (I'll explain how Jaaxy works further down.)
- Now it's time to create a catchy title that will incorporate the keywords.
- You also add those keywords to the first paragraph of your content and near the end. All that will help your SEO, everything else you add after that, all the content, the images are to help answer your readers' question.
What You Should Do Next
- Sign-up to Wealthy Affiliate as a FREE member.
- Stop watching TV and say goodbye to your social media friends.
- Start the beginner training immediately.
- Follow the beginner training and complete the tasks requested.
- Once completed the beginner training, decide if affiliate marketing is for you.
- If affiliate marketing not your thing, then look at other work from home options Here.
- If Affiliate Marketing is for you then sign-up as a Premium Wealthy Affiliate Member.
- Build your .com website foundation (home page, about page, privacy page, authentic picture of you on the home page, about page, and/or sidebar).
- Get ready to work hard at first. Start writing, don't worry about anything else
- Write 10 response blogs (blogs that answer a question), around 1500 to 3000 words each.
- Write 10 staple size blogs (blogs that are like 7 best niche review) around 3000+ words each.
- Write 10 pillar blogs ( your deep information posts about your niche) around 3000-5000+ words each.
- Once you have your 30 posts then you can start tweaking the appearance.
- Wait 3-6 months to start seeing some increase in traffic to your site.
- Wait until you have over 30,000-40,000 visitors before starting to add affiliate links and advertising.
- Once you have 100,000+ visitors to your site per month then you should be seeing an income of approximately $1000/mth
- If your site is making less than $1000/mth with 100,000+ visitors then review your posts, make sure the content is helping your readers, that it does not appear too cheesy, trying too hard to sell something, or your post is not funneled properly.
- When your site is making $1000/per 100,000 visitors/mth then you can move on to creating your next niche site.
I hope that this blog convinces you that you can start affiliate marketing with no money.
If I can do it, trust me so can you. I was no expert when I started, but I started, now I'm building and managing websites for others, have multiple websites that rank on the first page of search engines and those sites make me money while I sleep, while I work at my day job, while I am on vacation.
The hardest part was giving up watching TV hours a day that never accomplished anything, gave up playing video games, and only access social media platforms like WebTalk if it is related to promoting my online affiliate marketing business.
I hope to see you at Wealthy Affiliate, click on the sign-up form below and I will greet and support you throughout your journey.
You can also start your affiliate marketing business by using well known names like Wix and GoDaddy but you will not have the same training, services, and support, plus it will end up costing you a whole lot more to get your online business to profitable levels.
Sign-Up To Wealthy Affiliate For FREE Today!
See why over 1.4 Million members trust Wealthy Affiliate to manage their online business.