5 Ways To Improve Your Website Ranking
Here are 5 tips on how to improve your website SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Following these tips can bring your website's ranking to the first page of search-engine results.
Relevant and Quality Content
The number one way to improve website SEO rankings is the quality of your content.
Bloggers and affiliates are always looking for the secret sauce to boosting their site to the first page of the search engines.
If you see ads and promotions that promise special and secretive techniques to make your website rank on the first page...don't fall for it!
It's probably a scam.
There are no secret ways to fool the search engine algorithms and if there is something that did it wouldn't be long before your site would be penalized for trying to beat the system at make your website invisible in the search results.
You cannot substitute quality content.
In the long run quality content is what will bring people to your site, keep readers at your site, and keep customers coming back to your site.
If you have a website that is full of fluff with little substance it wont take long for your audience and the search engines to realize that you are not there to help or provide a service.
Your audience and search engines will see right through you.
That said there are a couple of tricks you can use to boost your quality content above other quality content sites.
- Keyword Phrases, target each page and post with a keyword phrase. Think about your audience and what they may type in the search engine to find your information. Examples for this post are, how to improve your website SEO", and "improve your SEO with these 5 tips". You can repeat these phrases a few times through the page but make sure that it flows naturally. Remember your post needs to help your audience, don't just think SEO.
- Use heading tags, especially an H1, and other tags like bold or italic text throughout your blog or page. Again keep the user experience in mind when writing your content and SEO will reward you for providing quality information readers are looking for.
Keep Your Content Up To Date
Search engines like to see that websites keep their information up to date and maintain relevancy within their subject matter.
Have you ever looked for information on a particular subject, find a something that may be answer to your question only to see that post was written years ago and the information is no longer relevant today?
You probably did a quick back button and continued to scroll other search results or refined your request with a specific year.
So you don't want your site to be that back button result.
It will also show as bounce visit which I found can decrease instead of improving my website ranking.
My process is to write a new post one day, then the next day I will review one post to make sure it is still relevant.
Your process or business model may be much different but it is important to make it a regular step in your process.
Review Your Metadata
Each of your pages or posts have areas that you can add your metadata.
This is information your wouldn't necessarily see on the page or post but it is an area between the <head> tags.
Now if you don't know anything about HTML coding you don't need to worry.
There are a number of plugins that do all the hard work, all you need to do is fill in all the necessary fields.
I use a plugin that is called "All in One SEO Pack".
The "All in One SEO Pack" is a free plugin and the fields look like the one in the image below for each page.
Metadata broken down:
- Preview Snippet is what you will typically see as a search result within the search engine pages by using the metadata you enter for each page or post.
- Title - Recommended to keep under 60 characters so it can fit as the title within the search results as a hyperlink text.
- Description - This is text description to explain to your reader in 160 characters or less the purpose of your page or post. You can compare it to the "elevator pitch", where if you met the person you want to be involved with your project or buy your product you have a few seconds while alone with that person in the elevator. Keep it brief and to the point.
- The other parts (Noindex, Nofollow,Exclude, and Disable) are there should you decide that this page or post should not show up on any search engines. There are various reasons you would do this but that is a subject for another article. If you want your page/post to rank in search engines keep these blank.
Provide Authority Links
You want to show your readers that you may know a lot about your subject but are willing to admit that there are other sites that may go into more detail on a particular subject.
You may also have more detail about a subject that you already posted and can link to that post.
It is important that you don't just add the words "Click Here" as the link all over your content.
For one reason it does not help with the flow of your blog and can be distracting to the reader and a second reason is that click here text does not add any value for search engine ranking.
The best way to create links within your post is to make descriptive links by using your keyword terms or phrases as shown in the next line.
By following these tips you will learn how to improve on your SEO
You don't want to link to any random site out there either.
The purpose of your site and its links are to assist your reader, getting them the information that will add the most value.
Choose linked sites that have a strong authority on the keyword phrase subject matter.
As an example, if your website is talking about working from home then that link should bring you to a site that focuses and is an authority on that subject.
Alt tag your images and videos
"Alt Tags" also known as attributes provide a text based description of the image or video.
The search engines use these tags to locate your page or post, especially those who use text-only web browsers, screen readers, or now more than ever with Google Home and Alexa - speech searches.
It is best to keep your "Alt Tag" under 125 characters and describe your image as precise as possible.
The best way to write a great "Alt Tag" for your image is to look at your image, then close your eyes and describe it out loud, if it makes sense to you it should make sense to your audience.
These are only a few of the multiple methods on how you can improve on your SEO but they are the key base components that are needed to get a website ranking on the first page of search engines.
Ranking on the first page of search engines is a key element required to build a successful affiliate program.
Subscribe below to take my 10-minute course to learn the 4-steps for a successful affiliate marketing business.
Wealthy Affiliate is the only Platform I use to host my websites, provide me with up to date training, and unparalleled support.
Today You Can Join For Free.
Click on the Join Free Now Banner Below To Start Building Your Business Today.
Try Wealthy Affiliate Today!
See why I and 1,4 Million other users trust Wealthy Affiliate to host, train, and support them in creating successful online businesses.